Today I am grateful for music.
This morning a watched on ABC a program on Catalyst called Music On the Brain. It is an episode that reveals how personalized playlists can reawaken the brains of people with dementia. I don’t have dementia but it did get me thinking about the benefits of music.
Here is a list of how music benefits our health.
- It improves visual and verbal skills
- Keeps an aging brain happier.
- Makes you happier.
- Music improves vascular health such as heartbeat, pulse rate and blood pressure.
- It improves sleep quality
- Boosts your immune system and reduces pain.
- Reduces depression and anxiety
So today I am grateful I love singing and I that I have a lovely singing teacher who helps me to sing better.
Today I am grateful for my friend Dave Shelberg who has given me the opportunity to sing in public.
Today I am grateful that we have so much amazing live music that I can go to in Brisbane. I am off to the Supreme Dreams in a week.
Today I am grateful that we have a great sound system at home that I can listen to music through.
Today I am grateful that I have hearing to be able to listen to this music.
Here is a playlist to some of my favorite music.